Enough

Post your technical questions or solutions about your boat's head here.

Moderator: KenKrawford

yodagwb

Enough

Post by yodagwb »

OK, so I order a new impeller for my Newport 1600, to the tune of $60+ and install it. Naturaly once again enerything has to be disassembled because you can't do anything without first unbolting the toliet from the floor. Go to put in back together and it leaks at the rubber gasket. Upon research come to find out a female metal sleaves molded into the base had pulled out and now the one screw can't be tightened enough tho stop the leaking. Evidently need new base to the tune of $60+. Stop, Done, Law of Increaseing Imput for Diminishing Returns. If you take something apart and put it back together enough times, sooner or later something will break. I now have a Raritan PH II hand pump manual toliet, serviced from above, not from behind or from the bulkhead side. KISS
Jack McDonald

Post by Jack McDonald »

Hello,

The waste holding tank is mounted higher than the toilet. On your new manual toilet, is the flush of sufficient force to push the waste "uphill" to the holding tank?
Jack
Friendship
C350, #80
Chesapeake Bay
yodagwb

Seems to be

Post by yodagwb »

I went with the Raritan PHII because it has a larger pump. So far it seems to handle the lift quite well, you can really hear it clearing the top of the tank and exiting the tube into the tank. Time will tell and I will give you a update after we put it through its paces.