Running pressurized water from manifold to new toilet.

Post your technical questions or solutions about your boat's head here.

Moderator: KenKrawford

Tommgreg

Running pressurized water from manifold to new toilet.

Post by Tommgreg »

I am in the process of replacing the original head with a new pressurized fresh water Raritan toilet and would like to know if anyone has run a new hose from the existing manifold to the cabinet behind the head. How did you manage it and did you learn any tricks that might help me? Thanks to anyone who replies.
Air Mobility

Re: Running pressurized water from manifold to new toilet.

Post by Air Mobility »

I replaced my original equipment head with a Raritan Sea Era electric head. I placed a T in the cold water feed from under the head sink to the newly installed Raritan. I placed a solenoid valve after the T to activate the water to the head. I mounted 2 push buttons above the head. One button allows water to flow from the T through the solenoid to the head and the other button is used to flush the head. The system has been working for 2 years without problem.

George
s/v Air Mobility
Hull 158
Tommgreg

Post by Tommgreg »

Great, thank you. I was hoping to do a home run back to the cold water manifold but if that proves too difficult I will use this approach.

Thank you again,
R.B.

Post by R.B. »

Not to "poo poo" your idea (pun intended :) ), but your waste system should not be connected to your fresh water system just in case bacteria travels back from your waste system to your freshwater. What some people have done is T-off the sink drain and connect to the head. Any waste water going down the drain, can then be used to flush the head. Or a separate water tank can be added (port side lazarette), dedicated to the head. Others just use the shower wand to add water to the head.

Good luck with which ever way you decide.
Ralph

WOLFHELM
C350 #342