fuel gauge not working

You guessed it. Post your technical questions or solutions about your boat's engine and transmission here.

Moderator: KenKrawford

nybor

fuel gauge not working

Post by nybor »

Hi. All. My gauge has progressively been degrading. On our last trip, it would fluctuate between 3/4 full (the correct amount) and zero (the incorrect amount). I checked the ground on the tank, but other than that not sure what else I should have done. I figured it could be the gauge....

Subsequently, I replaced my instrument panel with a new one. (those screw holes break off after awhile) and when I hooked it up, all the gauges worked except the fuel.. i.e., nada. zero.

I hadn't run the engine for two weeks and was wondering if the "float" in the tank was sticking. Since I have no idea what is actually in the tank, has anyone had this problem? If so, I would order a new sending unit - if that is the problem. Any advice would be welcomed.

(Thanks in advance Leigh)

Ken, Leigh said he had so much time on his hands, he was willing to redo the entire website, monitor it, turn it into a virtual 3D site where you could simply click on an item and it would show up like you were there!!!!!

what a guy!
dave (way too busy) Nybor411
R.B.

Re: fuel gauge not working

Post by R.B. »

Hi Dave,

There are a few posts on this topic, try this one to test the sender unit: http://www.catalina350.com/phpBB3/viewt ... f=10&t=512

-Ralph
Ralph

WOLFHELM
C350 #342
nybor

Re: fuel gauge not working

Post by nybor »

Thanks! I did do a search on the site, but should have misspelled "gauge", since it didn't find anything!

of course as an engineer, I am, by law, allowed to round off to the nearest letter, but....

dave