Raymarine E80 and Navionics

Post your technical questions or solutions about your boat's electrical systems or electronics here.

Moderator: KenKrawford

ElizabethG

Raymarine E80 and Navionics

Post by ElizabethG »

Hi All,

This past weekend, I pulled the Navionics card out of my Raymarine E80 chartplotter.

The card was labeled as...

Navionics Card
US Southeast
Bahamas
CF/906P
Jan 2006
2GB
Sandisk CF

Since the card is 2006, I'd like to update it to the latest version. However, the Navionics website is confusing at best. I did send them an email asking for information on purchasing a the latest version compatible with the E80.

If anyone has purchased an updated card, I'd love to know what you purchased and the details.

Thanks,

Bill Williams
Atlanta
Hull 193
markws1852

Re: Raymarine E80 and Navionics

Post by markws1852 »

I updated my card last year to replace the card that was originally meant for my C80 Unit. I paid $99 for fresh updates to the card prior to my having updated my chartplotter to an E125. Navionics exchanged the CF Card for a Micro SD card--which is the correct format for the e series chartplotter. Below is the email message from Navionics. Send an email to help@navionics.com to see if they will do anything for you. Otherwise, you will need to purchase a new card at $199.

Dear Mark Schlussel,

Thank you for contacting Navionics. My apologies for the delayed response due to the high volume of emails being received at this time.

Our records indicate on 18 JUN 2016, you purchased an subscription renewal for the CF/NAVU-NI card you have. Of course, as you know, the chart format is not compatible with your plotter.

I would like to exchange the chart for you, so you can get the correct chart format.

More information is needed before we can begin the exchange process. Please send the following items by replying to this email.
• Shipping address
• Credut card billing address (if different)
• Daytime phone number
Once I have obtained all the required information, we can start the exchange process.

In order to ship the replacement, we will bill your credit card the $199.00 list price of the MSD/NAV+NI cartridge, plus shipping and applicable taxes. We accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express as forms of payments and refunds. All transactions are made in US dollars. For your protection, we discourage emailing or faxing your credit card information. Please provide a daytime phone number where I can reach you to collect your payment details.

After your payment details have been collected, I will send you an email that will include your Return Authorization Number to send back the original CF/NAVU-NI cartridge to Navionics. Credit for the returned item(s) will be applied to the credit card used on the replacement order. Terms, conditions and expected credit amount will be listed on your return authorization document.

I look forward to working with you.

Best regards,

Scott Costa
Navionics Customer Service
ElizabethG

Re: Raymarine E80 and Navionics

Post by ElizabethG »

Hey Scott,

Thanks for the info...

I was pleasantly surprised to get this response from Navionics yesterday.

Thank you for contacting Navionics. You have a couple of choices of charts to use in your Raymarine E80 plotter. First - do you need the same region as this older chip? If so, you can get the newer version of the same card - part # CF/906P+. Another option (for half the price) would be the Navionics+ chip - part # CF/NAV+NI. This chip comes preloaded with all the Nautical Charts for everywhere in the US&Canada (inland waters and coastal regions). Then you can add the SonarChart™ layer to anywhere in the US&Canada you want to get the 1' contour lines. Please let me know if you have any questions or need any assistance.

Bill Williams
Atlanta
Hull 193