Hints and Tips from previous 350 Site?

Any notices about upgrades or new features may be found here.

Moderator: KenKrawford

Tim April IV

Hints and Tips from previous 350 Site?

Post by Tim April IV »

Hi Jerry - do you know what happened to the "Hints and Tips" compilation that was posted on the previous 350 website?

There is a current post looking for info on Winterization - and although I have the luxury of year round (although frequently bundled, freezing my :roll: up cold) sailing here in the Northwest - I remember there being some pretty good winterization tips in the list.

Thanks
Tim Brogan
April IV C350 #68
Seattle
jnnielsen
Site Admin

Where Are Hints & Tips?

Post by jnnielsen »

Tim,

I'm in the process of prepping those files to transfer to our new hosting service. They were written in FrontPage which I do not have. I am recomposing them in Adobe GoLive in more standard HTML. I'll see if I can put the winterization ones up sooner.

Jerry
Jack McDonald

Post by Jack McDonald »

Jerry,
I wrote those Hints and Tips in HTML. I do not know FrontPage. They were, however, wrapped in FrontPage for the website at that time.

If I can be of any assistance in converting the old Hints and Tips to the new format, I'd be happy to help.

I have saved all of the messages from the old Sailnet and Sailjazz C350 listserves. My intentions were to make another batch of Hints and Tips this coming winter (when my boat is out of the water - ugh).

I really enjoy this new format, Jerry. Please don't hesitate to let me know if I can help.
Jack
Friendship
C350, #80
Chesapeake Bay
jnnielsen
Site Admin

Hints and Tips

Post by jnnielsen »

Jack

I am playing around with a simple database into which the old hints and tips and new ones might be placed. If I nail it down a little better, I may call on you for your help. I'm trying to get the winterization ones up before the end of the weekend. Some people might be able to use them.

Jerry
jdamann

Any Progress

Post by jdamann »

On getting the old "Hints and Tips" posted
Happy Sailing

John

"Just Add Wind" 347